Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Gauges don't work

Options

I have a 2005 Hurricane FD226R deck boat.

I moved it about 900 miles last summer.  When I put the battery back in, the tachometer, the trim guage, volt meter and docking lights no longer work.  I looked for blown fuses and checked for a fuse that popped on the dash but could not find anything.

Can anyone help narrow down the search?

Thanks, Ron

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you happen to cross any wires on reconnection?  I ask because I inadvertently did when I reconnected my battery last year.  Result was I melted the common ground that runs through the switch panels/gauges.

Fortunately, Hurricane uses a small ground wire which fails prior to frying a bunch of stuff. 

One option is to chase the common ground that then loops through the series of switches and see if there is any damaged/burned/melting casing or damage to that ground.  If so, change that ground loop and it will solve the problem.

Again, this may not be the actual cause, but the problem appears that it may ground related.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    Hey Ron...here's the response from Terri in Hurricane Customer Support (tgipson@nauticglobalgroup.com): 

If they email me – I can supply them with wiring diagrams – they may have a ground issue