Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Dual batteries

FloridaBruce
FloridaBruce Member Posts: 3
I just took delivery of my new 2013 fundeck. To my dismay the dealer only installed (1) battery even though the boat is equiped with dual battery switch.  I inquired but was told that all boats only come with one battery. Has anyone experienced otherwise? I feel like I was short changed and the dealer hasnt been the best to deal with. 

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Hey Bruce...it's my understanding that a second battery is a dealer-level option, so Hurricane preps the boat with a switch. Going to go back and double-check that.
  • yzfmik
    yzfmik Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Nice that it came with a switch. My 2012 SS188OB came with one battery but I installed a switch and 2nd battery. Worth it for peace of mind.
    2012 188 Sundeck Sport OB w/ Yamaha 115
  • FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    FloridaBruce, IMHO if you are not using the sort of accessories that would benefit from a second battery (trolling motor, livewell, lights or other heavy power draws) you are better off with a single battery. Why carry 80 extra pounds of lead in the stern?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Although I had a total of three batteries installed, due to having a 24 volt trolling motor, the dealer was very clear that the boat comes with one battery, any more were at additional cost.  The dealer supplies them, not Hurricane.  I was also a bit more battery conscience because I wanted AGM batteries for the boat. Since the dealer was an Interstate battery dealer, he couldn't offer an AGM at the time and I picked them up on my own and he installed them.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• danbec
    danbec Member Posts: 2
    We had to order the second battery and it was an additional charge
  • kenrintx
    kenrintx Member Posts: 2
    Our 2012 came with both batteries last year. Not sure if we were charged additional for second one in price of the boat.  It was never listed as part of the add ons.
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Hey Bruce...what model FunDeck do you have?