Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trolling Motor recommendation for 2012 187OB

Options
MichelBee
MichelBee Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
  I'm looking to install a bow mounted trolling motor on 187OB. I would like to know if Hurricane has any recommendation on the position and installation of the motor.

Should it be installed going straight back from the center or at an angle?

Is there reinforcement under the deck for the installation or do I have to install a plywood or metal backing?

Do I need a special plate to clear the edge of boat?

I'm planning on using a Minn-kota removable plate to allow deck to be used as a swim platform when we aren't fishing.

Can anybody tell me if ski locker (which is not very long) on the 187/188 can accommodate a trolling motor with 54? or 60? shaft? I would like to store it there when not in use or traveling.

I know it's a lot of questions, so thank you for reading and any possible feedback.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi MichelBee

Hopefully you saw my response to your post in the iboats forum.  As much as I appreciate and enjoy participating in this forum, it's easier to attach the pictures I thought would help you at that site.

Best of luck!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• MichelBee
    MichelBee Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options
    I did find the post. 

Thank you, great information.