Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Full camper enclosure

Options
Martin
Martin Member Posts: 2
I just purchased a used Hurricane 237 and the only cover that it came with is a full camper enclosure with zips to the double biminis. It did not come with a  mooring style cover. I need to replace this cover and am looking for the pros and cons of getting the full camper enclosure.  The owner tells me that the mooring style cover will not work because when new this boat was outfitted with the full camper enclosure as an option from the dealer.  Am I stuck with only this cover option? The boat will be kept on a mooring and I am wondering how much work it will be to unzip and re zip this enclosure.  Also, I am thinking that in the summer it will get super hot inside the enclosure. The only pro so far is the the boat can be used longer in the season as it does keep things much warmer inside. Appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After reading your post I thought ?Gee, there are probably a bunch of people that would be very interested in a full camper enclosure for their Hurricane?.  Too bad this site doesn?t make it easy to show pictures??.

Since Hurricane doesn?t offer this type of enclosure, the dealer might have ordered the boat without the snaps that normally would have been installed at the factory so he could custom install them for the camper enclosure (and prevent having two different sets of snaps located on the hull?.. wouldn?t that look nice..).   The only thing I would suggest is finding a marine upholsterer in your area to see if they can custom make a mooring cover using most, if not all, of the current snap locations that the camper enclosure uses.   They still may need to add some snaps to make the cover fit/work properly, but it?s worth the evaluation.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• ssrider
    ssrider Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options
    @Martin, do you know who made your full camper enclosure?  I've been trying to find someone to make me one
    2004 SD 217 i/o
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    Hey @cjjjdeck...are you having problems with images? How about the Attach a File link below text box? 
  • ssrider
    Options

Hey @capt_steve  i could load up my profile pic just fine but can't find a way to upload a pic to a post from my pics on my pc?  When you click on the pic above it wants a URL and i'm not uploading a web pic just one that i took and want to show of help explain something :ar!

2004 SD 217 i/o
  • ssrider
    Options
    or help explain something is what is should of said
    2004 SD 217 i/o
  • Capt_Steve
    Options
    @ssrider... you should be able to upload a pic by choosing "Attach A File" in red to the lower left of your text box...do you see it? 
  • ssrider
    Options
    I must be blind, all i see in the lower left of this box i "You can use Simple Html in your post"
    2004 SD 217 i/o
  • Capt_Steve
    Options
    You may need to clear/empty the cache on your browser. I'm using Chrome right now, and it's under Preferences ... Advanced Settings ... Clear Browsing Data. See if that works. You should also be able to drag and drop any pic from your computer into the text box. Good luck!
  • Broadway
    Broadway Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options

Does anyone have a full camper enclosure?  Who made it?  I would love to camp in my boat.

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.