Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2011 SS201 OB sits bow low on trailer

I bought a SS201 this past summer and have thoroughly enjoyed it, however the boat came matched with a EZ loader trailer and even with the trailer jack all the way up, the bow still sits lower than the stern, thus rain does not drain out the hull until I get to a ramp or similar incline. Me dealer really doesn't seem to care about it as I have brought it to them to show them and wasn't given much help. I talked to another Hurricane dealer on the other side of the state and he say no way the boat should sit like that. Do othe Hurricane owners have the same problem? i worry also because this being the cheaper model boat, there is extensive wood in the hull where other models are glassed in, and I don't want water sitting against that wood for weeks at a time. Sometimes it takes a good 5 minutes for the water to drain, even when the boat has been sitting with the cover on it. I can jusry rig it with blocks,but what a pain in the **** every time I park it. Any ideas or help would be appreciated, especially from other 201 owners.

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the dealer didn't do a great job of setting up the trailer.  On mine there are adjustable brackets for the bunks that let you raise or lower the front or back end of the bunks where the rollers sit.  Sounds like you need to drop the back or raise the front brackets or do a combination of both when the boat is off the trailer.  Its a pretty easy fix.  If you don't have adjustable brackets, they are available as replacements.   You will probably have to also re-adjust the winch height after you get the boat setting right.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • rdrsteve
    rdrsteve Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply, I will have to take a close look at it. Funny you put the picture of Ernest T from Andy Griffith show, we are known as The Otis' gang from the show...first one to a few beers is OTIS for the day!
  • smiley
    smiley Member Posts: 34
    take the boat off

examine the main bunks angle, level.

Unbolt the front front of the bunk, drill a fresh hole in the wood where you want it and and re-bolt, at the new angle.

My bunks had a different snafu, stern was too low and trailer fender was scraping the boat with every bump on the road.  That is how my dealer fixed it.

Your experience is an example of pick your dealer carefully, I drive 60 miles each way past two other dealers to mine, its worth every penny of gas and effort, Gerry's Marina New Smyna Beach FL makes Disney look bad with the unbelievable support AFTER the sale, If you are anywhere near NSB check with them!!!
  • rdrsteve
    rdrsteve Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info Smiley...but I would think Hurricane the COMPANY should have the dealer fix this one way or another..the water collecting in the hull just cannot be good for the wood throughout the hull, even if it is marine grade plywood. It is their warranty that will ultimately be affected, thus costing them money.
  • smiley
    smiley Member Posts: 34
    I don't disagree with you. I am just dealing with the reality of my experience.  Have you contacted the company and applied pressure?  They were helpful to me but only after some effort on my part.  They said the deck was not part of the hull thus not included in the hull warranty. When I got over my incredulousness and pushed them they sent the replacement hatch to my dealer for install. 

Stagnent water on wood is not good, period.

Just trying to be helpful, I've got alot more sea time and inland waterways than the average camper.

• m0nicasage
    m0nicasage Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Since reading this I too have noticed this... We drove the boat all the way to the front of the trailer.  The hull is also lower on mine.  We drove home from Michigan for 3 hours with no plug.  When we took the boat to our cottage and backed it down the hill to the garage a lot of water came out!  It has been in storage all winter.  I am soo glad I found this thread.  
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    At tow height, mine won't completely drain, either. When I unhitch and park it in a flat lot, I crank the front support all the way to the top, and it drains pretty well. Before I did that, every time backing down the ramp the bilge pump would engage and spew 5 or 10 gallons.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6