Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Best Way to Find Replacement Snap Cover for 188 SDS?

mdmd
mdmd Member Posts: 9
Lost the original and the cinch covers won't work as I keep boat moored...any thoughts on where I could find a replacement greatly appreciated

Comments

• skidaddy
    skidaddy Member Posts: 4
    Seems like great lakes skipper had them without snaps, leftover factory originals
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    It is not often that an "off-the-shelf" option presents itself for situations like this.  I hope Great Lakes Skipper has something that works for you as they buy out obsolete boat manufacturers parts inventories. 

Just sharing some of my experience here.  Having owned a number of boats over time, I have found that most "off-the-shelf" solutions to upholstery and cover related situations rarely works 100%, nor fits quite right, has quality issues or doesn't have snaps located in the original positions.  The best solution I have found is finding a good quality marine upholster in your area.  It's not if, its when you are going to need/want their services.  They make everything match and fit 100 percent.  They can even make a cover for your that works as a mooring cover AND a trailering/storage cover, just by adding tie-down straps.  Many owners think they will save money by purchasing an "off-the-shelf" product rather than use a marine upholsterer.  I have found it only costs you money in the long run compared to an often "I bought it, now I'll just make do" solution.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer