Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Buying/Testing Advice

arb1599
arb1599 Member Posts: 3
I’m hoping to learn from the community’s experience - I have a signed P&S for a 2008 SD 2200 OB w/ a 250 Yamaha. I couldn’t be more excited about the boat, and I’m water-testing it next week. I would be much obliged if anyone could give me an idea of what to look for, specific to this boat. I know each make/model of boat has its own quirks and issues - is there anything specific to the SD 2200 I should be looking out for? Annoying/repeated issues you’ve had to deal with? Common manufacturing defects? 

For background, the motor has less than 300 hours, saltwater. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

Comments

• Jeronimo21
    Jeronimo21 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Sorry, you didn't get any replies specific to your boat, but how was the water test? did you pull the trigger?  If so send over some photos!
    1999 Hurricane Fundeck 226  (Sold)
    2008 Hurricane Fundeck GS202 (Sold)
    2023 Sundeck 2400 OB  (Current)
  • arb1599
    arb1599 Member Posts: 3
    I pulled the trigger - water test was great. Not perfect, but great for a 10 year old boat!  My only issue now is that I’m trying to finish up my registration and I can’t find where the HIN is on the hull... at least this problem probably won’t cost too much to fix :)
  • sullmate
    sullmate Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    the hin # should be on the transom. It is a metal plate. It may have been disloged. You may need to see the original bill of sale, if available.