Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Prop for SD 237 with 350 Volvo Stern drive

fork
fork Member Posts: 6
I have a 2002 SD 237 with a 350 cc engine and Volvo Penta stern drive. Factory aluminum prop gives a good hole shot but maximum rpm is 4000 to 4100. I have been recommended to use an Apollo 4 blade 14 X 20. Does anyone have experience with this combination.

Dan Forker

Comments

• batman30
    batman30 Member Posts: 3
    I don't want to highjack Dan's thread, but I have a very similar question.  We're new to our 2003 SD 237 (from the PWC world), 350 with a Bravo One drive.  The boat cruises just on plane at 20-21mph (GPS speed) @ 2400rpm, 25mph @ 2800 and WOT is 33mph @ 4100.  This is with 2 adults and 2 small children, half tank of fuel and minimal gear on board.  I was thinking that we'd be able to get into the mph range, but we're a long way from that. 

thanks,

Adam
  • fork
    I should have been more specific in my original post. The factory prop is a 141/2 X 19 three blade aluminum. Dealer provided a 141/2 X 17 three blade. The factory prop tops out at 4000rpm has a good hole shot and speed is limited to apx. 40 mph. The Apollo stainless 141/2 X 17 had much less hole shot and maybe 4300 rpm but when I trimmed to boat to maximize speed and rpm was so squirrely that I didn't care for it. I don't know what the change would be with a 4 blade 14X20.  Any suggestions from someone that has experimented with this boat and engine?
  • fork
    A specific question for Batman30. Since you have the identical boat to mine do you know what the gasoline capacity of the tank is for this boat. I want to start treating my gas for the winter and have no idea how many total gallons I'm treating. When I bought the boat it had a full tank and I haven't been able to run the bike enough to take the tank down close to empty.
  • batman30
    batman30 Member Posts: 3
    Dan, I believe the specs say 61gal capacity. 
  • fork
    Thanks batman, that's what I thought I had read somewhere but just couldn't believe it held that many gallons. That's almost 400 lbs of gas when full.