Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Proper Installation of Pedestal Seat Base?

Options
john8511
john8511 Member Posts: 1

Hey folks,

Newbie here.

I just bought my first boat (1990 Hurricane Resort).

I would like to know if anyone can provide me with any information regarding pedestal seat mounting.

I have been looking through many of the previous threads and have the following questions:

1.      What is the thickness of the deck material?

2.      Is it 100% fiberglass or a combination of fiberglass and another material (wood)?

3.      Is the cavity between the hull and the deck completely filled with foam?

4.      Would it be better to install an 8 inch diameter deck plate in order to gain access beneath the deck to reinforce the pedestals or would stainless toggle bolts such as these be sufficient?  http://www.mutualscrew.com/Snaptoggle-reg-304-Stainless-Steel-Toggle-Bolts-Anchors/snaptoggle-stainless-steel-toggle-bolt-anchors-1249.html

Any info or ideas are appreciated. 

Comments

• Team36Grit
    Team36Grit Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    fiberglass/plywood probably totaling around 3/4". There's plenty of room to work under the cap/deck. I'd add a deckplate (a good quality waterproof one) so I could add large fender washers and nylock nuts under the deck. Be sure to use stainless fasteners (stainlesstown dot com is a good place to buy them).