Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fuel Line Replacement

Options
HydroCanis
HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
So my 2003 SD217OB has been stored outside for a couple of years under mooring covers (I'll try to do better this winter). Most things are covered but the hoses, cables, etc. to the outboard are not. The fuel line and bulb are feeling a little crusty and the bulb isn't as supple as it used to be, so I thought perhaps I should replace it. The line that goes into the boat, however... to replace it all I'd have to get to the tank, right? How can that happen? Or should I assume it's OK and splice a new piece in just inside the hull? Or just try to leave that part of the hose alone? Suggestions? Also, while I'm doing it, I'd like to consider adding a fuel/water separator since the only one presently is under the engine cowl and is so tiny that more than an ounce of water is going to go into the engine anyway. Besides, it's a pain to check while on the water.
David
2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6