Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Overheating/Bravoitis

doogie245
doogie245 Member Posts: 3
I have a 2008 SE2600 io with a mercruiser mag 350 bravo engine. Once engine is up to running temp, I overheat when I Have to slow down below 1200 Rpms. After talking with numerous shops and mechanics, I was steered to look up Bravoitis online. It looks like a manufacturer defect in the design of the cooling system of bravo engines.  There is an aftermarket part available for around $30 and now mercruiser has a redesigned part $ 20 to fix it.  My local dealer wants to pull the engine($5000-$6000) to put in a $20 part.  Why Hasn't there been a recall on this and can the repair be done without pulling the engine? The online forums are killing mercruiser over their lack of support for their product and this issue.

Comments

• BrianDemo
    BrianDemo Member Posts: 1
    This is discouraging.  A post from August 2016 and no response?     Interested to hear how this was resolved.  My 2012 Hurricane SD 2400 is overheating on port side after I changed both manifolds and risers and the Bravoitis is the likely culprit.   Do you really have to pull the engine?