Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fuel water separator

Options
06 hurricane 237 SD with Yamaha 250 4-Stroke. Recently inherited. Trying to get back to 100%.  90 hours. Engine idle is very rough. Already changed all plugs, drained and filled with new oil. New batteries. Still rough idle. Local shop has an appt with me a few weeks away but they suggested a look at the fuel/water separator. The one on the engine seems OK, but he said there will be another between the engine and tank. Any ideas where?  I checked all holds as best I can, but still do not see it. Any ideas or guidance please

Comments

• omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you change the fuel filter? How old is the gas? 

2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Follow your fuel supply line back from the engine into the bilge area.  You should see something like this http://i34.tinypic.com/v680b9.jpg

As @omar174 stated, change the fuel filter.  Then you know you've removed another potential problem.  Old fuel can also be a problem but you didn't indicate its relative age.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just throwing this out there and it may not be applicable with a 4 stroke, but when I bought my 217 w/Johnson 2 stroke, it idled and ran rough.  A mechanic told me before I brought it to him to shock it with double strength Seafoam and run it wide open.  This did the trick for me.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB