Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water in center floor storage compartment of 2015 Sundeck Sport O?B

davidlnelson
davidlnelson Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
Water accumulates in the center floor storage compartment of the boat.  I am seeing discussion on this Forum about whether this compartment should/should not have drainage holes.  I spoke with the factory and was first told it should be a dry compartment and then told I should drill a drainage hole(s) of 1/4" diameter if there were none.  Any wisdom out there.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    If you search this forum you'll find many cases of the drains not being drilled in the storage locker for some reason. 

Their advice is the right advice.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a good thread to review.  There is a diagram of the layout and location and I've also include actual photos of the drain holes in my ski locker on my SS188.

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/1007#Comment_1007

Did they mention to drill vertical (floor) not horizontal (rear)  Remember your fuel tank (SHOULD) be behind it so you want it to drain down into your bilge for removal via your bilge pump.  I don't know the actual specifics so you may wish to confirm that with Hurricane directly.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • syclone01
    syclone01 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
  • hurrig8r
    hurrig8r Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I have a 2014 SD187 (same hull) and I have two 1" diameter holes on the horizontal surface all of the way aft in my ski locker. Never any issue with it draining. I actually leave all of the kids water toys/floats/boards/etc in there and they always dry out.
  • davidlnelson
    davidlnelson Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Just got this issue resolved for me finally.  The parts manager from Full Performance Marine in PA was down and took a look in my boat.  He had looked at all the 2017/8s that they had in stock and all had holes in the bottom surfaces of this storage compartment.  So he drilled two ~ 1 inch holes in the back bottom corners of the compartment without difficulty.  He was very surprised to find there were no holes already there.  He took before and after photographs to send to the "Hurricane Folks."  I wasn't about to drill them myself, but when an authorized Hurricane technician did it, I felt it would be OK.