Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Wet Weight of a 2002 Hurricane FD 228 RE

I'm trying to estimate the weight of this boat with a 150hp Yamaha Vmax motor with a tandem axle Roadmaster trailer with surge brakes. I'm guessing around 3600-3800lbs wet. I know I just need to take it to a truck stop and weigh it but wanted to see if anyone here knows about what weight I'm looking at. Reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about getting Dodge Durango and I want a V6 as this will be a daily driver but I know the V8 is the better choice.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the dry weight of the boat itself.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2002/Hurricane

Now, if you factor in approx 400lbs for your engine, couple hundred pounds for gear, couple hundred for your fuel plus your trailer, I think you're estimate is pretty accurate.

The V6 Durango shouldn't have a problem with this as I believe the newer (since 2013 Durango) has a 6,200lb tow capacity
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer