Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Brand New 231OB - live wells will not hold water

Options
Blackwelder
Blackwelder Member Posts: 2
edited March 2016 in Deck Boat Support
i just took delivery of a brand new 2015 231 OB.  First trip out and the live wells will not hold water in any actuator position.  There is obviously something wrong with the valves, but I cannot figure out a way to get them out.  I can see them through the rear hatch in front of the motor, but how are you supposed to remove or service them?  It looks like the engine may have to be removed?  Boat has 3 hours in it and I'm a bit frustrated.

Comments

• PescaBene
    PescaBene Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Why try to fix them yourself? You should bring it to the dealer.
  • Blackwelder
    Blackwelder Member Posts: 2
    Options
    The closest dealer is 200+ miles each way.  Hoping it is something's I can handle to avoid the road time.  
  • hurrig8r
    hurrig8r Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question, but some things to consider- to where is the water draining? If it's draining into the bilge, there may be a broken hose somewhere. I assume they're sucking water in?

Good luck. I've found Hurricane's customer service to be good. You may call and ask them.

I actually came on here tonight because I can't keep water out of my livewell.
  • M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options

Not sure if your live well is a lot different than mine is on my 2016 2200 DC OB, but with mine in the front, it is always open to drain.  To use it, you screw a plastic tube into the drain opening that is tall enough so that it allows the water level to come to the top of that tube before draining through the tube.  To drain it, you just unscrew that tube.  The switch at the helm just turns on the pump to fill the live well, it does not open any valves. Maybe that plastic tube is missing by accident.  Ask the dealer.