Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

On Board Battery Charger

Hello Hurricane boaters. I was looking to purchase an onboard battery charger for my 2008 Hurricane SD 220. I was looking to get a Pro Mariner Pro Sport 8 dual bank 8 amp but I am not sure if this is enough juice for my boat. A friend said a 12 amp is better but he is known to provide bad info (LOL). Any ideas on this guys.

I have dual batteries and a (1 & 2, and both) switch. I never used one before so good directions is much appreciated. Thanks guys for listening.

Comments

• nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I just got the Pro Mariner on board battery charger and It is perfect. Dual bank hook up was easy as the mounting. Highly recommend having one on board, then when you hang it up, just plug in and go. Full batteries every time.
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Remember, you really dont need to charge your batteries at a high rate if not in use. I have a ProMariner single bank for my 2001 GS 201. I installed it so that I can leave my bilge pump in AUTO mode since the boat is in a lift and taking the garboard drain out is impossible without another small boat to get to it. Works well.
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection