Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Can I adjust the bimini frame?

Options
pbolden
pbolden Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
Hello Everyone,

I posted this earlier to the wrong forum...it should be here.

I want to replace the canvas bimini with a hardtop using the existing frame.  The issue is that the back has about a 12 degree slope and the frame needs to be relatively level from front to back.  Looking at the frame there seems to be some adjustment options.  Does anyone know if this frame can be adjusted as mentioned?

Thanks,
Paul

United States Coast Guard Aux, VFC, FSO-VE

Comments

• Drexx3
    Drexx3 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken the two inner supports that hold up the middle of the bimini are also held in position by the channel they're inserted through. Meaning, if not attached to the top they would swing all the way down to the center. The rear slope (and front too) would be eliminated by allowing the center supports to swing down more. How heavy is the hard top and would the frame support it (esp. if underway)?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Sundeck 2400 OB w/Yamaha F250
  • pbolden
    pbolden Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    Drexx3,

You're exactly right.  I was dazzled by the frame and missed the obvious LOL.  The hardtop is polycarbonate and relatively light.  Thanks
    United States Coast Guard Aux, VFC, FSO-VE