Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

What vehicle do you use to tow your 231 OB

PescaBene
PescaBene Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
I'm picking up a new 231 OB soon and plan to trailer it often.   The wet weight on the 231 is close to 4200lbs and I'm guessing the trailer is a little over 1000lbs.   Are any of you dragging a 231?   If so, what vehicle are you using?

Comments

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like your rig weighs maybe 400 lbs more than my FD196OB, but a 5.4L Expedition tows it effortlessly. The old 5.8L F-150 pulls it too, but the boat tugs and jerks the lighter truck real bad.
  • M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭

My 2200 DC OB weighs about 4500 and my Tandem Trailer weighs 1400 according to TN Trailer who manufactured it. So my rig is about 600 pounds or so heavier than yours is.  I use my 2002 Chevy Suburban with a 5.7 Engine and 2 wheel drive without problems.  I don't trailer it a lot, but it is about 50 miles to the dealer or back to the lake, and its been easier than I expected each trip.  Up hill it does get a bit tired though. The truck also has the factory trailer kit installed which I think is a must have.

• rockymax
    rockymax Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Chevy Silverado Z71with towing package pulls my 231 easily.