Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2010, Hurricane 231 electrical.

Options
Recently, while attempting to start my Yamaha 250HP, 4 stroke, I heard a "faint" "Pop" sound when I turned the ignition key. The boats electrical went completely dead. I switched to the #1 Battery (from the #2 Battery), turned the key and everything worked beautifully. Switching back to # 2 battery, again the entire electrical was dead. I figure that a fuse, breaker switch of something has "blown". I checked 2 fuses on the transom near the battery selector switch, the line fuse from the battery to the selector switch and the breaker switches on the center console all appeared to be "solid".
Does anyone have a suggestion to help me fix the #2 battery problem?
Help.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum!

Since the system works using the other battery, its safe to assume the problem isn't after the battery switch (as you've indicated).  It certainly sounds like you're looking in the right place (right by the #2 battery).  The popping sound might not have been a replaceable fuse, it might have been an inline circuit breaker.  If it does have a circuit breaker the #2 battery circuit didn't reset, you might have a defective circuit breaker.

They may look something like the pictures below.  This is from my boat.  I took them before I packed it away for the winter (always a sad time).One looks good yet, the other shows signs of corrosion (which I'll replace before I launch in spring):

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer