Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Full boat cover needed

Options
Thesteve
Thesteve Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
Hi all, I keep my boat in an dry storage indoor rack facility in south Florida. My boat is on the bottom rack with four above and I get alot of drippings and debris that fall on my boat. I have the OEM front and rear covers on the boat when in storage. The problem is, with all the debris and drippings that fall on the bow platform and the stern area I have to do a cleaning every time I go out. the higher slots are for taller boats and more expensive and just not available. I am looking for a decent cover to cover the boat from bow to stern, one that would be easy to get on and off. I can't use anything with a strap and I have the bimini to think of. If anyone has experiance with a cover, that would get great. Looking for specific manufacturer or company or possibly a link or part number.

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Absent a custom cover, I believe it will be difficult to find a cover that will work with the bimini up.  I have a semi-custom full cover that I bought on ebay a few years ago that I use during the winter (boat is in covered slip at marina), but I lower the bimini.  The ski pole, if you have an OB, might also be a problem depending on cover size.  The lack of strap should not be an issue in a dry stack with no wind, as most covers will have a bungee/shock cord sewn in the hem around the edge.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe a crazy or not doable option, but would the marina management allow you to rig a tarp under the boat above yours (it might need to be positioned just above your boat so the forks from the fork lift are not impeded)?  Would that prevent most, if not all, the debris that comes down?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer