Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Replacement for a cracked Deluxe Helm?

Options
Victoria
Victoria Member Posts: 3
I have a 2001 Fun Deck 201 GS The Deluxe Helm is cracked and is showing a lot of sun damage. I would like to get it replaced but cannot seem to find a website that carries them. I actually have a lot of little plastic things that are getting dry rot and sun damaged and I would love to replace. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum, Victoria!

Although Hurricane no longer produces parts for your model and year boat, there is opportunity to get certain things replaced in the helm area.  Can you post a picture(s) of the helm so we can see what might need replacing? 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Victoria
    Options
    Sure. As you can see there are multiple cracks and breaks and also a missing cover for one of the holes which seems to be allowing moisture to get in and all over the wiring that is behind it. Several of the gauges get full of moisture and stop working, Others have just stopped altogether. The Windshield has multiple cracks. Says it is made by HRO INC. They do not seem to have their own website but I will try the phone number they have listed in various search engines business contact info pages.
    helm.jpg 776.3K
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Excellent!  Thanks for posting the pic!

I was hoping it was mostly the helm instrument panel you were talking about.  The good news is that there are marine parts fabricators for both the windshield and helm panel.

One of the fabricators that a number of owners have had new panels fabricated and were very satisfied with their work is AD&D Plastics Corp.  They can fabricate both the windshield and dash panel for you.  They have many templates for Hurricanes and you may not have to send them your old one if you're lucky.  The material they use is lexan and the only thing they can't do is a woodgrain finish.  Here's their contact info:

AD&D Manufacturing
    901 NE 27th Lane
    Suite 1
    Cape Coral, FL   33909
    239-772-9515

Joseph and Isabella Minnella are the owners

Here's a previous thread on the forum that addresses this topic that you might like to read as well:

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1749/replacement-helm-dash-panels
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Victoria
    Options
    Oh that is fantastic news. So glad I found this forum! I have been learning so much. Thank you!!!
  • runnl8
    runnl8 Member Posts: 3
    Options
  • runnl8
    runnl8 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    The dash was made at AD&D manufacturing and the windshield was fabricated from UPD plastics. All new gauges.  I am updating a 2006 202 fun deck.   Now for the steering wheel !!