Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Waterproof boat cover for Hurricane ss188 OB

davidlnelson
davidlnelson Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
Does anyone have experience with a waterproof boat cover for a Hurricane SS188 OB boat.  I am considering storing my boat outdoors this winter in northern Virginia.  This would be a cover to go over the fitted snap-down cover we use during the summer.  Sizing information and tie-down types would also be helpful.

Thanks to all for you help,

David

Best Answer

Answers

• davidlnelson
    I just put on a 16X24 FT. Abadak Poly Tarp (aback.com Georgetown, TX) tarp on the boat and it fits great.  Even went over the ski pole.  Supposed to be waterproof and mildew resistant.  Not too heavy to collapse the boat cover support poles.  We'll see how it does this winter.
  • billyjoe
    billyjoe Member Posts: 3
    I have a SunDeck 187 with the same shape, same hull, but full windshield - do you think this would work for me - was it just a rectangular tarp that you fitted by folding it - great job, looks good - how was it during the winter??  Also, was there a SKU number or model number for the tarp or did it just go by 16 x 24??
  • billyjoe
    billyjoe Member Posts: 3
    Also, did you have a bimini frame - what did you do with it?   lay it flat somehow or remove it from the boat??
  • steck1212
    steck1212 Member Posts: 3
    I just put on a 16X24 FT. Abadak Poly Tarp (aback.com Georgetown, TX) tarp on the boat and it fits great.  Even went over the ski pole.  Supposed to be waterproof and mildew resistant.  Not too heavy to collapse the boat cover support poles.  We'll see how it does this winter.
    Hi... we're looking to tarp our 2005 Fun Deck 201 GS. How did this tarp hold up for you this year?  Any tips on the sizing?  Ours is 20'6", but we have a 3' swim platform, and it's an I/O.  Did you just use bungee cords to the trailer?  Did you find any moisture buildup or musty smells?

Thanks!
  • davidlnelson
    The tarp held up well except we had a 30+ inch snowstorm and I had the tarp pulled over the ski pole which punched through the tarp.  After the melt, I duct-taped the hole and put it back and it held up like new.  When I unwrapped this spring, all was dry and no mildew.  Overall I was extremely pleased.  However I may try to arrange to store my boat indoors next winter.  Our local Fairgrounds rents indoor storage space in some of their buildings.