Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2014 SS231 Trolling motor mounting questions

Options
njm130
njm130 Member Posts: 10
Hurricane support, 

How do you mount a trolling motor to the bow of a SS231 so it clears the anchor locker and stows safely and out of the way? 

Is there a swivel-lock mounting plate that allows you to retrieve the motor and turn it to the side before laying it down?

Can I have the three trolling motor batteries double as house batteries or when wired in series will it over-volt the 12v electronics? 

Thanks for the help.
2014 SS 231 w/Yamaha 200 

Best Answer

Answers

• njm130
    njm130 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for the help.  Have you had any issues holding the boat in place in a 3-4kt current, or have you tried?   I intend on using it around an intercoastal pass and am scared 80v may not be enough or may operate at a higher draw and drain the batteries quicker than desired.  
    2014 SS 231 w/Yamaha 200 

• M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    I would say that the 80 Amp motor is just enough, but it is enough. In 3 or 4 knots, you shouldn't have any problem. In 10 knots, no way will it hold.  For a pro fisherman, it would be a different story, but for occasional fishing its fine.