Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

My 2008 Hurricane 260 is missing a baitwell drain tube or screen. Which one is it?

our260
our260 Member Posts: 3
How does water drain out of a 2008 Hurricane 260 baitwell under the stern cushion?  I'm missing either a drain tube or a drain screen that fits in the 3/4" or 7/8" hole in the bottom of the baitwell.  How do I order one?  It appears it has a black drain on the back wall of the baitwell about 8" up.  Where does the water discharge out of the boat?  Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Most livewell setups I've seen on Hurricanes has a plug that screws into the drain hole at the bottom of the tank.  That plug has a length of plastic or PVC tube attached to it with a cap that is screened for the water to flow out.  This controls the depth of the water in the tank.

That tube is shown lying in the bottom of the tank on this picture, maybe your setup is similar:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• our260
    I have a 2" dia. black plastic screen about 8" up the back wall that lets water out.  I found a broken screen with a rubber nipple that fits directly to the drain hole in the bottom of the baitwell so it appears that water drains out this as well as the screen in the back of the baitwell.  Your setup is what I expected.  The drain hole is only 3/4" dia so most drain pipes don't fit it.  Thanks for responding so quickly.
  • our260
    I do have that switch and wondered what it did.  Thanks so much for the Flowrite sheet.  I didn't get any docs with the boat when I bought it used.  I will post a couple of photos of the boat.  It was just detailed and it looks like new.  Just love this boat.