Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New Boat

Options
M99
M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭

Just got my new 2016 Hurricane 2200 DC OB yesterday.  I ordered it as a 2015 model and the dealer told me than that it might come in as a 2016.  It did and I was glad it did.  Hurricane did make several nice improvements to the 2016 model. The Dash Panel was changed and it opened up the space to allow a much larger Chart Plotter to be flush mounted in the panel. They did eliminate some of the engine information on the gauges that I would have liked to remain, but with all of the Yamaha Engine date now available on the Garmin Chartplotter "Gauge" page, its not important.  They also vastly improved their standard Audio system for 2016. It was raining hard when we water tested it, but it runs well and rides very smoothly.  Learning to recover it on a trailer is another story, but that's my learning curve, not the boat's. I bought it at Madisonville Marine in TN and they are a first rate company to do business with.  I was hoping for some good weather this weekend, but its thunder and lightning this morning, so more water testing will have to wait.

Oh, and  as an aside, anyone looking for a Hurricane Owners Manual, don't waste your time.  It was included with the new boat of course, buts its a joke.  I don't think it has a single useful piece of information in it.  The operator's manual for the electric head I ordered with the boat, was a much more informative manual. The Yamaha F200xb engine owner's manual is a quality manual however.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great report on your initial experience!  And after 23 posts, it gives me great pleasure to say "Congratulations on (finally) becoming a Hurricane Owner!"  

Your ordering experience was exactly as mine, ordered a 2011, got a 2012 (at 2011 pricing)!  I guess ordering a boat in July is a good time to increase the chances of that happening.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same here, ordered mine last July and it came 4 weeks later as a 2015, bonus for sure. I think anything built after July 1 is stamped the next year.
  • M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options

Were there also some distinct changes in your 2015 from what you ordered in 2014 Checkmate?  There were definite changes and upgrades in my 2016 which I liked. Especially the new panel that allowed for a much larger and nicer Chartplotter / Fishfinder.

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No I didn't think there were any changes on mine, just a bonus to get it stamped a year newer.