Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

tach reading on a yamaha F150TL

Options
riverrat
riverrat Member Posts: 3
This is a 2004 FD196RE with a F150 Yamaha and a Farina tach. The tach reads about 1500--1800 rpms above real engine rpm. Any ideas?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum!

Faria tach gauges do have the ability to make fine adjustments to correct the reading.  But I have to ask the question, has it always done this or did it just start happening?

Attached is one of Faria's Outboard Tachometer installation documents.  There are more on their website available to download depending on the model you have.  Here's a link to that section of their website:

http://faria-instruments.com/manuals.php

Hope this helps!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• riverrat
    Options
    thanks cjjjdeck, this is the first time it happened.  After checking Faria's installation doc's as you suggested, I realized this was the first time I had my iPod connected to the radio, so this may have caused interference in the tach. I'll recheck next time at the lake.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please give us an update!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• riverrat
    Options
    8/20/15 ran with and without iPod connected, no change in reading. rpm reads 1300-1500 to fast.