Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

My one year review of my 2014 SD2000

cpufixer1
cpufixer1 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭

Well it has been a year since I took possession of a new 2014 SD2000 w/Evinrude 150. I have to say this is probably the best boat I have owned. I actually downsized from 25 cruiser and I have to say we enjoy this boat much more then any of the other ones. The boat is built extremely well and handles great. There is plenty of storage room and space to move around. I was initially hesitate to purchase the Evinrude, but I have to say it has been flawless. Great torque and gas mileage without the smoke normally from 2-cycles. On top, there are no yearly oil changes. Some of the misses by Hurricane is that there is no glove box. No place to put your cell and wallet away from the elements. Some spider cracks around front grab rails. I have added a few things like a shoot-through depth gauge, faux teak flooring in the bathroom and an additional courtesy light ( Same as factory ) just outside the bathroom.

Next years addition will be the bamboo flooring. My cousin has it on his SD2400 and it's awesome.

All and all, great job Hurricane....

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Great review!

I had a similar experience with 2000 Evinrude 90HP outboard.  No 2-stroke smell and had great performance.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer