Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2011 Hurricane Deck Boat ss201 OB BILGE PUMP

sunnydays
sunnydays Member Posts: 4
We bought our boat brand new and have serviced it from the same Hurricane Dealer for 4yrs.  This Spring 2015 they replaced both of our batteries.  The boat stays in the fresh water lake all summer.  Our problem is everytime it rains the bilge turns on automatically like it should; BUT, it does not always pump the water out! If the water does not pump out the bilge will not shut off so it drains the battery.  The boat has been in the Marina many many times this summer  and they cant fix the problem. We have NEVER had this problem until this summer.  Please advise we are so frustrated.

Comments

• StacyR
    StacyR Member Posts: 8
    Sometimes there is a anti siphon valve in the pump or line and the valve is sticking..
    Just a thought .

Stacy
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be clear in my understanding.  The pump runs as it should in auto mode and nothing comes out of the hose?  I assume that this condition is the same when you hit the pump switch for manual operation as well.

Besides what StacyR mentioned, there's only a few things I can think of that would cause that condition.  Something clogging the pick up area (debris) of the pump; a clogged discharge tube;  a malfunctioning impeller in the pump (motor is running, but impeller isn't spinning).
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• randall
    randall Member Posts: 1
    we just purchased a 2013 huricane sd187. today are first day out the bilge kept coming on and draining water.  WHEN WE TOOK THE BOAT OUT OF THE WATER several gallons DRAINED OUT WHEN WE OPENED THE PLUG. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THE BILGE PUMP QUIT WORKING, WOULD THE BOAT SINK? NOT VERY AT THIS MOMENT.  
  • omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Yes it would sink eventually if your pump wasn't working. You need to figure out where the water is coming in. Put the boat in the water and look in the bilge with a flash light. You may see it coming in.
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66