Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

alarms and buzzers

Options
kilowatt
kilowatt Member Posts: 1
I've got an alarm that will not stop and I don't know what its for. Can I get a wiring diagram for a 2001 226FF?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Owners Forum!

Most alarms come from your engine and drive sensors, so you should probably look at the manual for that system as well to check to see if something there might be is causing it.  What engine and drive do you have on your boat?

I should also be able to get you the wiring diagrams for your boat.  I am sending you a Personal Message regarding it.  Look for a red number "1" next to the globe and envelope icons next to your Avatar in the upper left corner of the screen.  Click on the envelope, then click on my message to read it.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Options
    cjjjdeck is right.  Alarms are typically associated with your engine.  On many engines a constant alarm is overheat (check to see that you have water flowing out of the overflow port on your outboard.  The water intake or overflow output port may be clogged). 

Another type of constant alarm sounds if the lanyard is removed while the engine is running or if you try to start the engine with the lanyard is disconnected. 

Pulsing alarms can indicate oil pressure problems (or oil injection problems on 2 stroke outboards).  Some engines also have an intermittent alarm that will sound if water is detected in the fuel/water separator in the engine.  This will typically only sound when the engine is at idle.

Of course any of these alarms can sound when there is no actual problem if a sensor is faulty.    
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner