Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Boat alarm

Options
nprcoolcop380
nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
The other day I was out in the Gulf and noticed the sea grass was excessive. For the first time, my boat alarm went off like three times. Is this normal for my Yamaha 150 4 stroke to do this? I never heard it before. I assume it was due to the heavy sea grass getting sucked in the exhaust? Any info would be great. I had to stop shut off the motor to reset it. 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was probably happening is the water inlet on your motor (used to cool the motor) was getting clogged with the sea grass and restricting flow.  The alarm condition was probably triggered by an overheating condition of the motor.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Agree with cjjjdeck.  Did you happen to look at the water overflow outlet when the alarm went off.  I bet you were not getting any water out of it when it alarmed.  My F150 will also alarm if either the inlet or the overflow outlet get clogged.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    Right again guys !!!!! Thank you for the quick response. I learned so much from this site !!