Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

IO Engine Vents

delhaven
delhaven Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
The plastic engine vents (three on each side) on my 2014 SD 2400 IO have yellowed due to the UV rays. Has anyone replaced them with stainless or chrome plated vents? If so, where did you get them? I assume they are 4" id with an outside flange of 4.5".

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless I'm blind (and it wouldn't be the first time) I can't find a single picture of what the vents look like on the SD 2400 I/O.  

delhaven, can you post a picture of them so I and the members who are not as familiar with this model might be able to help?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• delhaven
    I found them on Amazon. They are 4.5" diameter OD, fit into a 4.25" hole. They are about $11.00 each for stainless steel clad. 
  • cjjjdeck
    edited July 2015
    Glad you found them!

I converted all my vents from the chrome plastic to the stainless steel clad versions as well because I kept finding grill sections mysteriously missing (broken) all the time.  Not anymore!

• delhaven
    Yes, I ordered them from Amazon. Should be here next week. Problem with the plastic grills is that they turn yellow from the UV rays. 
  • cjjjdeck
    I see that happening with the white cup holders and speaker grills on boats as well.  I guess considering the stainless option for those items might also be a good idea.