Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bilge Pump

cbairdnc
cbairdnc Member Posts: 1
We just bought a new 188 OB Sundeck last year.  We keep our boat in a wet slip and over the last few months have noticed the boat is full of water when we get on.  It looks like the floater pump is not working any longer.  I read on one of the other posts that the floater is connected directly to the battery and that there is a fuse that could be blown there.

Does anyone know what size fuse it is.

ALSO....I noticed that one of the bilge pumps has a cut off valve.   This valve seems to go to the bottom of the boat.  I only bring this up, because it seems to be seeping/leaking water.  Is this normal?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The bilge pump fuse is a 5 amp.  It does sound like your float switch is not functioning.  It would either be the switch or the fuse (or both).   To make sure it's not the pump, is the pump working when you turn on the bilge pump switch on the dash panel?

You state you have another bilge pump with a cut-off valve.  Are you sure it's a second bilge pump, or could it be a live well pump?  Most live well pumps have a shut-off valve on both the water inlet by the transom and the drain from the live well tank also located by the transom.  The bilge shouldn't have a shut-off since the outlet is above the water line of the boat.  Also, just so you are aware, both the bilge pump and live well pump may look similar or identical.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer