Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

ANCHOR LIGHT

Options
BWH
BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
2006 FunDeck GS 194.  Anchor light is on Bimini frame.  Seems to be a "pain".  Problems if I want to take Bimini off but still use at night, folding up in Bimini cover boot etc.  Anyone relocated the anchor light?  If so, to where?  Any other suggestions to deal with anchor light on this model?   NOT a fan of cutting a hole in the boat if there is a way to avoid it.    

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too bad SeaSucker doesn't have a mount that could be used the way you describe. It would have been the perfect way to anchor a temporary/portable stern light to the fiberglass.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Is that a popup pylon? I'd attach a temporary pipe/tube/etc to that, whatever height necessary, and then route the wires to it somehow, even if in a surface tube snapped on.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Options
    My light is a bolt on type at the top back of the Bimini.  Wires come from side of boat adjacent and behind the driver to plug located on Bimini.   You have me thinking; can probbaly rig something up that will work without having to put hole in the boat.  After doing a little research, I guess "anchor light" would be the wrong term, I technically have an "all around" light.    
  • piney
    piney Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    Newbie of a 09 220.  I'd rather not deploy the  top at night.  I have the top's cover a the upholstery shop.  They're adding a hole with added cloth/sticking around it.  The anchor light pole fitting and its wire hookup will then be accessible with the top still wrapped and covered.