Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Number of batteries

Options
I'm a new boat owner.  I recently purchased a new a 188ob.  Everything is hooked to one battery (no trolling motor).  should the boat have two batteries?  

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.  Your boat only requires a single battery.  Additional batteries to run trolling motors, etc may be added, but for normal boat operation, a single battery will suffice
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • camphermitage
    camphermitage Member Posts: 5
    Options
  • MikeP
    MikeP Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Options
    Good idea to have a second battery on a switch though.  If you hang out at a sandbar or something and run your battery down, sure is nice to flip a switch over to a fresh battery!
    2014 SS 231 w/ Yamaha F250
  • powerhouse
    powerhouse Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options
    I agree with MikeP.  I always run two batteries on a switch.  I run engine, stereo and lights together.  So I would use battery 1 for the first half of the day and usually battery 2 the second half, sometimes I only use one battery all day but both are completely charged the night before.
    2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115