Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Electrical diagram for 2012 Sundeck Sport 202 OB?

Options
buddyray
buddyray Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
My son in law was helping me get the boat ready for the summer season.  When he hooked the batteries up, he hooked a group of three black ground wires to the positive terminal on the battery.  OK - I know they are black :-) but then so is the one wire that is supposed to go on the positive terminal (shame on Hurricane for not doing a better job of color coding or labeling these wires :-(.)

SO to make a long story short, it completely melted trough a couple of individual wires in the dash and melted the wiring harness attached to the ignition switch into a solid mass.

The fun thing is, the boat cranked and everything worked but the tach.  When I temporarily patched the one wire that was burned in two, the tach worked!

But to effect a permanent repair, I either need to buy a new ignition switch with attached wiring harness OR carefully rebuild the existing one with new wires.

Sadly, I don't have a dealer anywhere near me (I drove 250 miles to buy my boat) so I either need to find a dealer willing to order and ship the part to me (any volunteers?) OR I need a wiring diagram so I can be sure I'm rebuilding the existing harness correctly.
-------------------------------
Buddy Ray
2012 SS202
on Lake Lanier Georgia

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My heart goes out to you Buddy Ray, especially just starting out the season.

I have a 2012 model year and all my battery cables and wires seem to be properly colored back by the batteries, so I'm not sure why your boat came through different.  My dealer did install my two trolling motor batteries so he may have had something to do with keeping to the coloring scheme on track.

The ignition switch and wiring comes from the engine manufacturer and not Hurricane, so you'll need to contact a Dealer for your engine to get a replacement for that.

The main helm wiring harness that goes to all your gauges and switched systems would come from Hurricane.

I can get you the wiring diagrams for your boat.  I am sending you a Personal Message regarding it.  Look for a red number "1" next to the globe and envelope icons next to your Avatar in the upper left corner of the screen.  Click on the envelope, then click on my message to read it.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer