Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Lost rear seat cushion while trailering Sundeck GS170 HELP!!!!

Options
lwatten
lwatten Member Posts: 2
I lost my rear seat cushion on my Sundeck GS170 while trailering and no one has replacement to order. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless you are really lucky and somehow find one floating on the internet somewhere, your best bet is to go to a local marine upholsterer.  They can duplicate the cushion and probably come up with something to hold it down (like a strap/snap or velcro) so you don't have a repeat performance next time you trailer.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• lwatten
    lwatten Member Posts: 2
    Options
    ok so do you know how I can find the specs on that part? 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hurricane doesn't have upholstery specs on boats older than 2008.  I assume yours is in that category, unless you tell me different.  

You would need to bring the boat to the upholsterer or maybe, if they're not too far from where your boat is located, they might come to you.  They will be able to make the necessary measurements to make sure the replacement fits right.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Good luck... hope I don't end up in that situation. Is there another cushion you could remove for the upholsterer to use for thickness, style, color, etc, after you or they measure the location where the lost one went?

I try to remember to remove the Velcroed cushion when trailering, but just in case, I Sharpied my phone number and "please return, reward offered" on the bottom of it.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6