Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water switch and faucet GS-201 Fundeck

DavidPJ
DavidPJ Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
The dash of my GS-201 Fundeck has a switch labeled "Water". Turning on the switch doesn't appear to do anything and I don't hear a pump running. The switch is wired and illuminates when turned on. What is this switch for?

The boat has a sink and water faucet. The handle of the faucet is more like a pump, and it's not connected to anything underneath. It just has a small section of clear tubing. This used boat also came with a collapsible water jug. Is the faucet somehow supposed to be connected to a water pump? Or is the faucet to be used with the water jug?

Thanks.
1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    You may not have a pump even if the dash has a water switch (it is interesting that it lights when activated, I would have thought it wouldn't).  Check back by the stern area of the boat to see if someone installed a raw water washdown sprayer.  If so, you might have a pump on board activated by that switch, but isn't connected to your galley sink area.

From what you're describing, you have a standard hand pump and jug configuration.  You fill up the jug, attach the hose and you have a fresh water supply.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• DavidPJ
    Thanks cjjdeck, that's exactly the sink and faucet I have. I'll have to experiment with the water jug. Would you drink the water from it through the faucet? Or is this mainly for washing hands, face, etc?

I haven't noticed a wash down sprayer anywhere in the boat. The switch doesn't seem to be activating a pump or maybe it just doesn't work anymore. There aren't any water lines entering into the compartment below the sink from outside this compartment.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Usually your model boat doesn't have a washdown, so if your boat had one, the previous owner would have probably installed it using aftermarket equipment.

Our family doesn't use our fresh water for drinking, but I like to treat my water so it would be safe to do so or if someone on board does drink it without my knowledge.  It also keeps things from growing in the water supply over the season.  It is easier handling a portable water supply because you can refill it as you need it and keep it empty when your don't  Here's a message I posted on the subject that you may find useful:

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1841/fresh-water-tank-treatment#latest
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• DavidPJ
    If I use the water tank connected to the faucet, I won't plan on using it for drinking. The clear plastic hoses that were provided with the boat definitely don't look safe for drinking the water that passes through them. Great info about the bleach too. Thanks again.
  • steck1212
    steck1212 Member Posts: 3
    DavidPJ said:
    The dash of my GS-201 Fundeck has a switch labeled "Water". Turning on the switch doesn't appear to do anything and I don't hear a pump running. The switch is wired and illuminates when turned on. What is this switch for?

The boat has a sink and water faucet. The handle of the faucet is more like a pump, and it's not connected to anything underneath. It just has a small section of clear tubing. This used boat also came with a collapsible water jug. Is the faucet somehow supposed to be connected to a water pump? Or is the faucet to be used with the water jug?

Thanks.
    I know this is an old question, but we just bought a 2005 Fun Deck 201 GS.  We were surprised to find a shower hose behind the step going to back to the swim platform. There's a water fill tank back there (looks like the gas tank but labeled water).  I had not heard of that feature and was surprised when they demo'd it on our test drive.  Did you ever find that on your boat?
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you have the Rear Fresh Water Wash Down that includes a 13 gallon tank.  This feature was/is optional on most models.  Described in 2005 brochure as:  Spray nozzle and pressurized freshwater wash down for easy deck maintenance.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • AmerigoJr
    AmerigoJr Member Posts: 2
    How does it work I add water to the tank turned the switch on the helm nothing happens 

• piney
    piney Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Ours has that feature. Do you hear a pump running when you flip the switch ?  It will run for a short time, come up to pressure and stop.  It will come on and off as you use the water.
  • JGOLDICK
    JGOLDICK Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know where I can get one of those bladders for the hand pump sink on a fundeck gs201? Plenty of bladders online, but would want to make sure it has the proper "fitting" for the hose.   Thanks. 
  • macharper23
    macharper23 Member Posts: 1
    JGOLDICK said:
    Does anyone know where I can get one of those bladders for the hand pump sink on a fundeck gs201? Plenty of bladders online, but would want to make sure it has the proper "fitting" for the hose.   Thanks. 
    This is bladder that came with my boat.

https://www.amazon.com/Fold-a-Carrier-2-5-Gal/dp/B007X66T90
  • marco_guy
    marco_guy Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Does anyone know where to get a replacement spout for the pump faucet, or a replacement pump faucet?