Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Does anyone know how far the bow is from the water on a 2007 260 SD?

I realize it is a heavy boat and would take 112 foot lbs to handle a boat of that size and a special mounting would have to be made.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum tudor!

Unfortunately, that dimension is not published.  It will vary based on how much your engine/drive weighs, how much fuel & water is on board, how many batteries you use, and how you have distributed the weight in your boat.

I had to go with a 60" shaft on mine as my bow sits a bit high in the water. I went with the 24 volt, 80 lb thrust model as I didn't want 4 batteries on board as I went with AGM's (heavy), but you're correct, you have a heavier boat (especially if you use two outboards like I seen some do).  You want the motor to be able to sit 12" to 18" into the water when deployed.  Your choice will, probably be the 60" or 72".
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• tudor@nktelco.net
    tudor@nktelco.net Member Posts: 4
    Thank You I found one company that has a factory in florida that makes a 72" shaft the company is Rhodan Marine.
  • tudor@nktelco.net
    tudor@nktelco.net Member Posts: 4
    I forget to mention the 260 has twin 150 yam's