Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Ski Locker Door

Options
m0nicasage
m0nicasage Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
Boat has been running like a charm, but I noticed a crack underneath the ski locker door.  I tried to be careful, but we had some people on our boat and it cracked through to the top.  Called local hurricane dealer, and got a quote of $379 before tax... seams high...  does it come with hardware?  I dont want to be drilling lock, hinges, and snaps for the carpet... anyone else know anything?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just checked with Hurricane.  When the dealer orders the door, he has to specify that he wants the hardware included and installed with the exception of the carpet snaps.  Carpet snaps would be bought separately or use the original ones, they need to be installed after the door arrives and is fitted into place to make sure the snaps line up perfectly to match.

You don't really need the new hardware, you may want to ask the dealer what he would charge to install the door for you, the additional charge for the new hardware may not be that far away from the installation labor cost. 

Another alternative is to find a marine fabricator (many marine upholsterers do this too) in your area and have them use a material called King Starboard for the door.  It is a wonderful marine grade polymer that comes in sheets and a variety of thicknesses.  They also offer a textured finish choice that has a non-skid finish.  It may not save you money, but it will permanently end door cracking problems.  The other hatch and access doors on your boat are probably made of this material.  This material is worked using the same tools as working with wood.

Here is a link to a supplier and the King Starboard website if you are interested:

Jamestown Distributing
     http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/search_subCategory.do?categoryName=StarBoard+Plastic+Supplies&category=599&page=GRID

King Starboard
    http://www.kingplastic.com/products/king-starboard/

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer