Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Engel 25 QT cooler

Options
dizneyman
dizneyman Member Posts: 11
Just ordered an SS 203 OB and was wondering if anyone has replaced the Igloo cooler with a 25 Qt Engel.  The Engle is a bit bigger than the Igloo, but I do not remember how much extra room there was in the opening.
Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    There isn't much room to spare at all, I looked up the size of the Engle, I think you'd be ok for length and height, but it's the width that won't go, it would stick out of the opening about 3".
  • 89checkmate
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The top of the opening it also slanted so you can open this cooler without removing it, sorry for all the posts, pics didn't work in first two for some reason.
  • 89checkmate
    Options
    Here's the pics of mine, and where I think the Engal would stick out to.
  • dizneyman
    Options
    Wow, thanks you so much, that is great information, and yes the extra 3" in with would not work.  Again, thanks for saving me $200.00...owe you a beer my friend.  Can't wait to get the boat!!
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just thought I'd mention an alternative to standard coolers.  Although the Sundeck's don't have the purpose built cooler storage area like the Sundeck Sport models, I replaced my stock cooler with a 12v thermo electric cooler.  I had the dealer install a cigarette lighter socket inside the helm compartment (where the coolers often go in Sundeck models).  I decided to go with a "soft sided" model that I found by Koolatron (24 can capacity) and I just use bungee cords to secure it.  Koolatron offers other models as well and they make this product for other brand names like Road Pro.  Koolatron also offers a great optional in-line device that shuts off the cooler (or anything else you might want to run off 12v) before the battery hits the "No return" level of charge in order to start your engine.  I've been using thermo electric coolers for over 10 years and our family loves them because there's no ice to make everything wet. 

Here's a couple of links if anyone is interested:

Koolatron
    http://koolatrononline.stores.yahoo.net/koolatron-d25-soft-bag-cooler.html

Road Pro
    http://www.roadproonthego.com/sp/12volt-soft-sided-cooler-bag/

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• dizneyman
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas.  Just heard boat will be built 1st week of May.