Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

For you do it yourself owners

callforbids
callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
I, like many of you, do your own simple maintenance i.e. change your oil, grease your engine, change lower lubricant, etc.

Most of your Yamaha equipped Hurricanes have Sea Star hydraulic steering systems on them. If you try to lubricate all the fittings on one of these you will quickly learn that the Sea Star steering unit blocks one of the fittings. I tried everything to try to get access to this fitting with no success.

NAPA auto parts has a right angle coupler their part # 700-2020 that will attach to your grease gun. You slide it up or down on the head of the fitting on your engine and can supply grease to that fitting.

Happy Easter!

Steve 

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Steve... Thanks for the information this is helpful.  I have a similar challenge with a Mercury on mine so its the location of the fitting that creates that challenge.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • dwc
    dwc Member Posts: 1
    Thanks Steve! I noticed that last fall when I bought my Fundeck 198 that I couldn't grease one fitting. I'll have to pick one of those up.
    Dan