Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Windshield on deck boats

Options
With a windshield are you able to just stay seated and keep the wind off or do you have to use the bolster?

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On my boat, you are completely out of the wind as long as the bolster is in it's down position.  Bolster up=wind in your face.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• endlessseas
    endlessseas Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Great news thank you and how do you like your boat? What kind of top speed do you get with the I/O?
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    I, like most Hurricane owners, love my boat.  It is the most versatile family boat we could get by combining entertaining, cruising, water sports and fishing all in one boat.

I'm very satisfied with the performance.  I could have gone up to 320 HP on my model, but went with the 260 HP Mercruiser 5.0L MPI engine.  Instead of spending extra money on HP, I spent it on upgrading the drive to the Bravo 3 dual prop and I am really glad I did.  That drive gives the boat awesome performance for hole shot (quick planing), lower planing speeds (great for water toys), handling, low speed control and maneuverability (trolling and docking), and improved economy.  I have a top speed of 45 to 48 mph.  I could have spent another $3,000 to upgrade to the 350 MAG (300 HP), but I would have probably only have gotten another 3 to 4 MPH.  I thought I made the better decision with the drive upgrade.  I'm also very happy with the fuel economy. 

• endlessseas
    Options
    Great speed and a fun boat do you have any pictures?
    I have found a new 2014 2400 with I/O 350 mag bravo 3 for 46k with trailer.
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    That is a really nice model and one I might have chosen if I hadn't wanted dual front deck fishing seats.  That motor is tried and true.  This is the first time I've had a Mercury product and so far I've been very happy and impressed.  I also got  the extended warranty  on the engine and drive which gives me a total of 8 years of coverage.  That boat you are looking at sounds like a pretty good deal!

Please update us on how you make out!

Here's a few pics of my boat:

• endlessseas
    Options
    WOW what a great looking boat and those bow seats how cool is that?

Thank you for all your help.
    Tom