Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Any help, bilge pump stays on and the rear shower and galley sink don't work

tsteinmuller
tsteinmuller Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone I have a 08 Hurricane SD2000 deck boat.  The boat is in great shape but I have a couple issues right now.  One the bilge pump will sometimes stay on even with the batteries turned off.  Does the boat come with an automatic bilge pump, that is the only reason I can see why it would do that.

Second the rear shower and the sink will not pump water and I don't know what to do with it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭

My bilge pump will come on when there's water in there even with everything switched off. I like it that way, since I can easily disable it by disconnecting the battery, but some might not.

I had to replace the sink pump. I think it had frozen. If someone didn't either put antifreeze in the line or blow it out with air, water sits in it since it's at the low point and there's no drain below it (at least on mine). Check the wires to it and see if they're hot when switched on, and/or hot-wire the pump and see if it runs. I bought a cheap-ish pump designed just for sinks (1-1.5 gpm) which works fine but it has the wrong diameter fittings. I think they're 3/8" instead of 1/2". So I had to do some adapting. I don't have the shower, so you'd be wanting a more powerful pump.

David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6