Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Looking for Original Seating Manufacturer for 2003 Hurricane Fundeck 218

cawllins
cawllins Member Posts: 10

Does anyone know who originally made the furniture for 2003 Fundecks?  I talked to Veada and they said that they've only made the seats for the Hurricane Pontoons over the last couple years.  I have a huge problem where I dropped my boat off over 4 months ago for a guy to redo the interior and he won't even call me back at this point.  As of two weeks ago, he had the thing torn apart and nothing done.  So now that I've lost the summer, plus the 700 I've given him, plus the 700 for my slip at my marina, I think I'm going to just purchase new and I was thinking if I can find the OEM, then I can just buy the covered cushions and backs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

Chris

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely infuriating and frustrating situation that no one should be in.

I'm afraid I don't have uplifting news to help.

Hurricane, themselves, make the bench seating for most of the boat models (there are exceptions mostly regarding pedestal and helm seating).  Unfortunately, they only have patterns back to 2008 model year.  This leaves you with going to a reputable marine upholsterer in your area (which I know you thought you already went to).  They usually match the original color/patterns pretty well.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cawllins
    cawllins Member Posts: 10

Thanks CJ.  It is frustrating.  I'm contemplating just replacing all of the furniture with Veada seating.  This won't be cheap though so I'm not sure if that's the way to go.  

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

Are there other marine upholsterers in your area?  Your base seating material may still be in good shape.  Maybe your local Hurricane dealer has a recommendation.  Either way you go, when it's finally done, post some pics.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• IdahoMark
    IdahoMark Member Posts: 14
    cjjjdeck said:

Are there other marine upholsterers in your area?  Your base seating material may still be in good shape.  Maybe your local Hurricane dealer has a recommendation.  Either way you go, when it's finally done, post some pics.

This is what I did.  Less expensive than replacement and the guy told me the bases were in great shape.
  • goober44024
    goober44024 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased Wise bench seats for a pontoon and knoched out the area for the leadge then re bonded support works fine.