Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bluetooth music streaming

A quick review, in case anyone's considering adding a wireless music streaming from their phone capability to their boat's stereo... I bought a Bluetooth transceiver from Crutchfield.com (I have no connection to them) for about $40 named "MIL-BTREC". This particular device is available from a lot of outlets. It's marketed for autos, and that's where I installed it, but the box says "Marine" and it does seem to be packaged in a fairly water resistant manner. The only connections are for 12V power and line-out left and right audio. So far it works without any hassle. I'd add one to my boat but my old stereo is so cheap it has no line-in or auxiliary plugs. This device does not (as far as I can tell) enable phone calls through the stereo. Devices to do that as well as stream music seem to be going for more like $100 and include a wired microphone. That's all.

David
2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6