Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Rear compartment (oil tank/ trolling motor battery) leak

stu
stu Member Posts: 3

Having problems with water getting into the trolling motor battery / oil tank compartment.  Tried several options any advice welcome.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum stu!

It might help the members if you would post what year and model Hurricane you have.  Since you have an oil tank, I assume you have an outboard model.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• stu

Right, first timer.  It's an "03 Hurricane by Godfrey 202 Fundeck GS" with a Yamaha 200 outboard.

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

Does the compartment still have the insert under the lid? Mine does not and water in that compartment is an issue but not a big one. There is/was some thin hatch seal tape applied under the compartment lid that has since gone south and will be replaced this off-season...along with a whole raft of other small and annoying things! I believe West Marine sells a replacement insert but may be of a different size, otherwise check with a dealer and see if one can be ordered.

Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • stu

Very much appreciated, was thinking about making my own gasket but I'll give your ideas a try, thanks again.