Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

trailer that will fit 2008 sundeck 195

adam1382
adam1382 Member Posts: 0

hi everyone,

I am new to the site, and a new hurricane boat owner.  I have purchased a 2008 sundeck 195 with a 150 Yamaha outboard.  I am buying a trailer for this boat, and I am trying to avoid spending $3k or more on a special order trailer.  I did find a trailer however at a boat shop that was for a 2008 Tahoe 195 deck boat, and was curious on anyone's thoughts about it fitting my hurricane 195 as well.  Just by looking at the boat specs online, the Tahoe 195 is actually 12" longer than the hurricane, and it is about 1" wider.  any thoughts?  thanks everyone in advance!

Adam

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@adam1382.  First of all, congrats on becoming a Hurricane owner and welcome to the forum.

It's very difficult to say yes/no to your question however a few promising parts to your post is that it had a similar type of boat (size/length) on it.

What you need to do is determine a few things.  Specs on your boat for weight, etc.  Then compare them to the trailers specs to see if it has sufficient specs to handle the weight of your boat (we'll assume length isn't an issue if it previously carried a longer boat)

Now check your local regulations.  If your state/province requires brakes for a loads exceeding 3000lbs (or whatever your state law is) does the trailer comply?

Finally, are the bunks/rollers adjustable both forward and back, and adjustable side to side.  You indicated it was setup on a slightly wider boat.  You'll need to ensure these bunks/rollers can be adjusted to support to weight front to back properly so you don't have too much hanging behind the bunks and/or too much weight forward on the bow post and creating excessive tongue weight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer