Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trim Solenoid

Good Morning,
  Was loaded and ready to hit the water yesterday and the trim down would not operate. I was told by local Hurricane dealer and neighbor that solenoids went out on regular basis. The up still operates at this time. Local marine boat repair shops are behind at least 4 weeks. I would like to replace myself and have already purchased original equipment parts. Need schematics or help locating solenoids. New to forum as I have had boat for 3 years with 0 issues. Great boat.

Tim

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @wlhauto, hard to help you without you providing some information on the manufacturer (Mercury, Yamaha, etc), type (Inboard/Outboard), year and HP.  This will give folks a starting point to try to help you.

Definitely seems like a solenoid issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • sunfun56
    sunfun56 Member Posts: 2

I am in the process of ordering a solenoid for my yamaha 115 4 stroke. It's not hard to find. If you hit the trim switch you can hear it click. It is size of a small cell phone with about 8 plastic cap screws.