Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fiberglass Hull Repair

Options
On the maiden joyage of my  2001 188 deck boat with 115 Yamaha Outboard, my boat hit  the cement at landing before the water, and some limited ,(I hope), scraping occured. I am assuming some patching with Gelco(sp?), will occur, but have heard   it is tricky to apply. Any experiences with this, and would this have impacted the drag on the boat when trying to plane?  

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything that affects the smooth surface of the hull will create friction and create drag however I suspect that this wouldn't have a great deal of impact on your boat trying to get on plane.

As for the application of gelcoat, if you want it to look smooth and clean you're not experienced it can be expensive however most fiberglass guys that do gelcoat repair usually will fix a small scrape for around $200.  It depends on your comfortable level.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer