Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Need Help. New Boat Owner ..No power to any switches

Hello guys I have a 2011 SD188 OB. Just this weekend I lost power to all of my dash switches except the Master Power switch still works. All others have no power (Radio, Bilge, lights) all gauges except fuel still work. Only switch that still works is the Master Power and Horn. Can somebody please help a new boat owner ? Thanks you

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.  If I remember the switch setup correctly, from left to right you have horn, Master Power, then the bilge, etc.  Everything to the left of the master switch works.  Everything to the right doesn't.

My guess is that the ground is disconnect after the master switch.  Check the back of the switches on the Master Panel, and you should see a black cable daisy chain from switch to switch.  Make sure it is seated correctly on the master, and the one to the right of it.

Without a ground, none of the switches will work.  Let us know what you find, and grab a pic or two of the back of both panels if this doesn't solve it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • DanInAlabama
    DanInAlabama Member Posts: 5
    Awesome. Thanks @nquirk‌ I will take a look at and shoot some pics. Thanks so much for your help !
  • woodmore
    woodmore Member Posts: 5
    Check the wire and battery connections for cleanliness.  I found they need to be real clean and tight.
  • DanInAlabama
    DanInAlabama Member Posts: 5
    Where is the battery ? And are you referring to connection to battery ? @woodmore. Master switch and horn work but none of the other switches do
  • woodmore
    woodmore Member Posts: 5

Referring to the connection at the battery.  Not sure where the SDs store them - I have a FD and both batteries are in a stern compartment. 

I had a similar problem and found corrosion on the terminals at the battery - cleaned them and problem solved.

• Boatercraig
    Boatercraig Member Posts: 2

I am a new member. I have a 2007 GS202 and require electrical diagrams for the boat. Any idea's where I may obtain??? 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Owners Forum, Boatercraig! 

I am going to send you a Personal Message regarding your request.  Look for the notification near your avatar on the forum home page.  You'll see a red number "1" by the globe and letter symbols.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck

Boatercraig, I have your wiring diagrams.  Just reply to my Personal Message so I can send them to you.

• motnomra
    motnomra Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem and am sure that the relays have gone bad. Absolutely no room to replace. If any has a wiring diagram for a 2015 2200 Sundeck OB please send it to me. Why doesn't Hurricane include in the owners manual? Ridiculous. 
  • coolwateree
    coolwateree Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I'm having the same problem. 2014 SD Sport. Master power switch lights up. horn works but none of the accessories - lights, radio, engine hatch lift (btw how do you open it with out power) etc thanks

• cvillecoker
    cvillecoker Member Posts: 3
    Same problem..  Boat starts...master switch etc  nothing else works.......Went to batteries with meter and both read 12.64......One smaller red wire comes out of battery switch through small 2 post "breaker " and leaves as 12.64v...This red wire goes to the front console and comes out as 2 red wires. and 1 black.........nothing..Now red wires read  lower than 12v....  I took  long extension wire back to positive  post of battery and touched to wires going to relay switches and everything worked....So red wires must be corroded at some connection that( I can't get to)...Now my problem how do I get a new power  wire from the batteries to the front....any suggestions....
  • cjjjdeck
    Give me your year and model and I will provide you with wiring diagrams for your boat.

• cvillecoker
    Thanks ..But I fixed problem by running new wire from battery to console ..This is my (93 yr. old) neighbors approx 2016 23 ft deck boat He bought it new when he was 90......It was sold to him with out a float switch on the bilge pump....He does not take it out a lot and it was on a lift  and covered..but was full of water ..(HALF WAY UP batteries)..NO float switch...I thought float switches were standard..DEALER told me it was an option...I believe this caused corrosion on the battery wire connection somewhere between battery and console....I told him to always turn on bilge manually each time he takes boat out....I bought his 2002 Hurricane and it only had 620 hrs....Float switches should not be an option...don't you agree
  • cjjjdeck
    Around the 2002 model year the automatic bilge switch became standard on all Hurricane boats.  I have a 2012 model and it was standard.  If you have a 2016, it should have been with that boat as well.

Below is a typical "float" type switch that is very popular, has been around a long time and is common in many boats.
    Below that picture is what was used on my boat,  You will notice Hurricane used an "electronic" design switch, which should have been used in your boat.

• cvillecoker
    If it has one it failed..    Didn't last long......I will take a picture and get back....Thanks...